Moodle.org front page content seems static

Moodle.org front page content seems static

by Derek Chaplin -
Number of replies: 9

Is it just me or has the content on the front page of Moodle.org gone stagnant. It doesn't appear to have changed at all since the maintenance upgrade.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chaplin

Re: Moodle.org front page content seems static

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Derek,

I've noticed the useful posts and events have changed. Was there a particular area that you expected to change which hasn't?

In reply to Helen Foster

by Derek Chaplin -

Hi Helen,

Yes, the Resources block;the content hasn't changed in days. Usually it seems the latest plugin updates are listed there.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I checked and found that the plugins listed in the Resources block are different from yesterday, so I think it is working fine now.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Derek Chaplin -
Maybe it's the OCD in me, but frontpage areas on moodle.org are not updating - they're stuck at Dec 20. Aren't these areas supposed to auto-update?

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Frontpage content? Thanks! I whole time I believed that the golden world map was the content! (Mine is a 12" notebook.)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do you mean the Useful posts/events/resources? They look up to date to me...

Front page events

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Derek Chaplin -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the screenshot. That prompted me to check it out on my phone and indeed the page content is different. I have been checking  the front page exclusively from my work computer for the past month so that suggests the issue is on my end not Moodle's. 

Lesson learned: always check with multiple devices over different networks!!! I'll take it up with my IT department.

Thanks again.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Derek Chaplin -

OK it's getting curiouser and curiouser!!

I had a colleague check it on his phone (different mobile provider) and it came up with the old data (Dec 20). However as soon as he clicked on the RSS icon everything in those 3 section updated to the latest content. So I went back to my desktop at work and clicked on the RSS icon and voila, everything updated.

This behavior on the Moodle front page started back in December. Now I'm not a web expert but is it possible that something is not being triggered on the moodle.org end?

I haven't experienced anything like this on any other sites I visit on a regular basis.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Derek Chaplin -

Hi Helen,

I notice that the Useful posts, Events and Resources content on the home page is about a week old as of 16:05 EST today. For example, the Resources block listing of plugins is about 1 week behind the latest updates. Before the upgrade it would list the latest 2 plugin updates within minutes of them being uploaded. Also the Moodlemoot Italia is over, yet is still listed.

Not show stoppers but something is definitely not updating as frequently as it used to do before the upgrade.

Attachment Capture.PNG