Quiz navigation block when embedded

Quiz navigation block when embedded

by Ryan Nutt -
Number of replies: 1

We use Canvas in our district, but I've used Moodle in the past. I've found that the quiz system and the way that Moodle handles question banks are just better than Canvas. But it's mandated that we use Canvas so that all students' course calendars show up together.

This year I've been embedding quizzes from Moodle into Canvas using Moodle as an LTI provider so that I get to use Moodle but still stay within Canvas for the students.

Works perfectly except for one catch. When a quiz is embedded no blocks are shown. Course navigation blocks are hidden, which makes perfect sense. But the block that allows students to jump between questions is also hidden.

Is there a way to have just the quiz navigation block show when students take a quiz through an LTI consumer? My students tend to like to jump around between questions, and that's tough without the quiz navigation block.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan Nutt

Re: Quiz navigation block when embedded

by Stuart Anderson -
Hi Ryan,
Did you ever find a solution to this and do you know if in the latest version of moodle if this is still an issue i.e. will upgrading provide a solution. I read something in the release notes for more recent moodle versions about the quiz navigation block being set to float, but I was unclear if this meant it wouldn't be hidden when embedded with LTI.

Thanks,

Stuart