Adaptable & Moodle 3.6.1 Dashboard issue

Adaptable & Moodle 3.6.1 Dashboard issue

by Niall Sheehan -
Number of replies: 9

Just upgraded our Dev site to 3.6.1 from the latest 3.5 build. While the upgrade went very well I am seeing some unexpected behaviour on the dashboard's new blocks.

In the Course OVerview block all menus are expanded, this is the All button, and the sort by buttons (Course name and Card). This is also the case for the Timeline block sort buttons.

We are using the Adaptable theme. I cleared theme caches, no change so I switched to Boost and things worked as expected. Is there an update for Adaptable coming soon? Attached image shows the menus.

Cheers.

Attachment moodle_3.6.1-adaptable-issue.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Niall Sheehan

Re: Adaptable & Moodle 3.6.1 Dashboard issue

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Where did you find an Adaptable version for moodle 3.6?

Because is not released yet. 

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Niall Sheehan -

I didn't which is likely why there is an issue. I simply upgraded Moodle, there were no complaints regarding compatibility with Adaptable. I'm likely not going to be the only one to upgrade and expect Adaptable to work because you guys are always so quick to support the latest versions.

Cheers.

by Fernando Acedo -

Thank you for your support and apologizes if I didn't explain well. But Adaptable is still not ready for moodle 3.6. Not everybody is patient waiting for a new release. They think a complex theme like Adaptable is upgraded easily in a few minutes.

We are working hard to publish a new release but moodle 3.6 has several undocumented changes that have a deep impact in Adaptable, probably because we go a step ahead of the rest of themes and we modify a moodle theme in a heavy way.

The issue you reported is already fixed in our repository (moodle added different drop-down in these blocks and we modified each one to fit Adaptable styles) and still working in a few others. I hope to pass the tests between today and tomorrow.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Niall Sheehan -

That's why we test on a dev server before updating the production servers. smile

We're holding off on updating until we see that Adaptable is ready for 3.6. There were some big changes, time to get it all working well is understandable. Thank you for following up.

Niall

by Niall Sheehan -

Any estimate on when the update to 3.6 will be available?

Have a Merry Christmas

by Fernando Acedo -

Due to the Christmas season we will release the new version next Thursday 27th. 

Merry Christmas to all  

Απάντηση: Re: Adaptable & Moodle 3.6.1 Dashboard issue

by Nikolaos Politopoulos -

Hello to Adaptable team. Is there any progress on the update of the Adaptable theme for Moodle 3.6.1? I am waiting for almost a month for this update. Keep up your good work.

In reply to Nikolaos Politopoulos

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Adaptable & Moodle 3.6.1 Dashboard issue

by Fernando Acedo -

There is a bug in moodle 3.6 when using themes based in Bootstrap 2. The new messages drawer is not displaying the features menu correctly (see https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-64419)

The bug is already fixed and also integrated to moodle master so we'll release a new Adaptable version after moodle release version 3.6.2 that is scheduled for next Monday 14th.

But if you have a sandbox site then you can download the Adaptable master and test it in 3.6.1:

https://bitbucket.org/covuni/moodle-theme_adaptable/get/320640a96751.zip

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Adaptable & Moodle 3.6.1 Dashboard issue

by Nikolaos Politopoulos -

Hello again.

Do you have any update about the new version of the Theme?