Obtaining Private Files

Re: Obtaining Private Files

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm not a developer so I can't help you with code but while we are waiting for a developer, may I ask why you don't want to use standard Moodle tools to meet this need? For example you could add a Database activity in a course to which all employees and managers have access. Employees add their CVS to the database, with their name. If you set the database entries so they must be moderated before being shown to others -and then you never moderate them so they are never shown- only each individual employee and all the managers with editing access to the database will be able to see and access them. It would take a lot less time to set up than to learn Moodle code- but then, I guess you want to learn to code Moodle, so are looking for an opportunitywink

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nikolay Nikolov -

Hello, thanks for the idea. I also had something similar in mind, but it is not so user-friendly IMO, then again would need some managing. Also it would not be so hard to write the code, if it was simple PHP, I would have done it already, but the Moodle framework is still a bit confusing to me. sad 

In reply to Nikolay Nikolov

by Nikolay Nikolov -

Can someone please explain, if there is a possible way to do this? Thanks!