Scheduled Tasks do not present with "Run Now"

Scheduled Tasks do not present with "Run Now"

by Tom Dennis -
Number of replies: 6

I have just upgraded our Moodle from 3.5.3 to 3.6  The scheduled task Security Policy is set to be able to 'Run Now', but the is no such button displayed in the scheduled tasks.

We have had no issue with this till this update.  Am I missing something?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tom Dennis

Re: Scheduled Tasks do not present with "Run Now"

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I agree.... investigating. 

I use that feature all the time. 

There is a small code change that was introduced as part of this - https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-60514, However, I'm not at all sure what's going on.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Right.... one of those changes that nobody will EVER guess sad

Go to Site administration > Server > System paths. You now need to set the PHP CLI path on your server before the 'Run now' option is available. 

How on earth would you know? I think this is a regression myself, so MDL-64318

Average of ratings: Useful (6)

by Tom Dennis -

So in a Windows installation, what is the path to PGP CLI.  I have use: admin/cli, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\admin\cli

but neither produce the desired outcome.  No 'RUN Now'.  We are needing to run the LDAP Sync manually at times.

by Tom Dennis -

Ok...I found it and it is working now.  Ran the 'Where PHP' in the CMD prompt and found the path.  Entered it exactly as presented in the command line response.  This for other newbies that might find this helpful.

by Tom Dennis -

Thank you Howard, for pointing me in the right direction and the explanation.  Your suggestion, MDL-64318, would be a great help.