serious recent bugs when using feedback options

serious recent bugs when using feedback options

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mike,

Further to some questions asked on the French forum re the questionnaire plugin, I have discovered some serious bugs when using the Feedback Advanced Settings, with Sections.

I notice that you have greatly improved the editing interface in those settings, maybe those improvements caused the bugs, anyway, the bugs are 2:

1.- When there are more than 2 sections, 4 graph options should be available : Bipolar bars, Horizontal bars, Rose and Radar. The last one Radar has disappeared from recent versions of Questionnaire.

2.- A more serious bug is that, when using Yes/No questions and Feedback Advanced Settings, with Sections the scores are not correctly calculated. And if respondent answers No to all those Yes/No questions, it throws error messages:

Notice: Undefined variable: output in C:\xampp\htdocs\moodle\mod\questionnaire\drawchart.php on line 279
Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in C:\xampp\htdocs\moodle\mod\questionnaire\drawchart.php on line 279

I have traced the origin of those bugs as follows:

$plugin->release  = 3.2.6
$plugin->release  = 3.3.3
ok for radar and yes/no questions
-----------------------------------------
$plugin->release  = 3.4.2
radar option available
the yes/no questions scores are not correctly calculated inside sections
------------------------------------------
$plugin->release  = 3.5.1
no radar option
the yes/no questions scores are not correctly added inside sections
-------------------------------
Below is a screenshot of responses taken from a small "health habits" sample questionnaire. All the 'yes' responses should score 1 point (and the 'No' réponses should score 0). It is clear from this example that things are not working as expected. Made with latest questionnaire 3.5.1 version.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: serious recent bugs when using feedback options

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Joseph -

Thanks for the report. I'll look into the big right away. I created this issue in Github for it - https://github.com/PoetOS/moodle-mod_questionnaire/issues/167.

I'll look at the graphing issue later, as seems less urgent.

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks for your prompt reply, Mike.

Just downloaded version 3.5.2, tested, OK. Now looking forward to the restoration of that "radar" graph.