I want to issue a badge based on a set of conditions, similar to the way restrictions are set in courses. We are running 3.5.3+.
Let's say I have three potential requirements for a badge (A, B, & C). The first, A, is required no matter what. But, B is only required if the user's Department is not X. While, C, is required if the user's Department is Y.
I have a few problems.
- The badging system does not allow conditions other than ANY or ALL.
- The badging system does not allow nesting of requirements.
- I could not find a way to access fields in a user's profile.
I guess, I could create a badge for each condition (assuming I could get around problem 3 above). But, there would be overlaps and I do not want to have multiple instances.
So my questions are:
- How can I access fields in a user profile for badges similar to the method used for creating activity restrictions?
- How do I make a conditional badge that is not ANY or ALL, but somewhere in between?
- I am sure I have more, but I do not know enough to ask the correct ones, yet.
On a related note, at the site level, I noticed that the course listing does not seem to have any apparent order and makes finding the appropriate course difficult.
Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.