how to Show teacher announcements on front page?

how to Show teacher announcements on front page?

by Rudy Djatmiko -
Number of replies: 5
how can a teacher tells the students that there is new task? 

I login as teacher and made announcements, but that announcements not appear anywhere, how is that?

when I login as admin, the announcement show on the front page

can teacher announcements show on the front page so the students can see it?? help please 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rudy Djatmiko

Re: how to Show teacher announcements on front page?

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hi,

Can you please provide more details about it? Where you have added the announcement? what you did?

In reply to S. kavita

by Rudy Djatmiko -

as administrator, when we go to site home, there is a button to create new topic of announcement. but as course teacher the button is not available.

As course teacher, provided Forum Announcement in the course.. Is there a way to show that Forum Announcement text on the front page??.

so the student could see it although they are not in the course

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Rudy,

I think you're looking for the Last announcements block, that can be added in the contexts 'Site home', 'Dashboard' and 'Course'. When you add the block to Site home or Dashboard, it only lists announcements accessible from there, but not from the courses the user is enrolled in (Or at least, I haven't found a way to make it do that). 

Depending on your Moodle version and theme, there are a few other ways to display this information to your users. Most used is the Notifications icon available in the top bar of your Moodle, if you're using a Boost-based theme.

The course announcements forums have been set up to force subscription, which means all enrolled users will receive notification of posts there, via email or in-site notifications (or both). 

The notifications box will display a row per post and will send the user directly to the corresponding forum when he/she clicks on it. Alternatively, the user receives the full text of the post in his/her email.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Kim Salinas -
Picture of Testers

Hi Rudy

It sounds like you may be trying to post at the site level instead of the course level. The teacher role is not able to post at the site level with the default role settings. A site admin role can do anything on the site. Teachers will be able to use the Announcement (News) forum to post all course level announcements. 

Happy Moodling!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Kim Salinas

by Rudy Djatmiko -

yes. that's what I'm trying to do. 

I want to make that the teacher can write announcement on front page.. is there a way we can do that?