How to add a new space in the activity completion report

How to add a new space in the activity completion report

by Sebastian Chica Zapata -
Number of replies: 3

Hello! I work with Moodle 3.4. Sorry in advance for any mistake with my writing; english is not my maternal tongue.

In my company we're in the deep need to improve the activity completion report in order to get a more powerful data which generates enough confidence to take more important decisions.

That is why we'd need to add a new column of information in the report, besides those which come from default (given name, surname and e-mail), specifically the mobile number of each student, which will act as an ID for our internal reports and would be taken from the active directory of Office 365.

However, I've tried to add it, but I can't find out how to do it. Does anybody know how to?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

hot to

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sebastian Chica Zapata

Re: How to add a new space in the activity completion report

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Sebastian,

You can add some user profile fields to this column by going to Site administration > Users > Permissions > User policies :: Show user identity. Here you can select the fields to show in that column. I have attached a screen shot.

Mobile phone is one of the fields you can add here.

If you need a column of data that is not in that list, then you would need to have a developer add custom code to the Moodle to do that.

Espero que esto sea útil smile

Randy

Attachment screenshot_4354.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Sebastian Chica Zapata -

Thank you so much, Randy. Your advice was very useful! smile

example

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sebastian Chica Zapata

by Juan Del Valle Vazquez -

Hi,

You can add another custom column by editing the users.php file located in moodlelocation\admin\settings

Search for the showuseridentity field and you can then add the custom fields in there. 

Save the file, and then go to Site Administration - Users - Permissions - User policies, you will now see the custom fields added to the Show User Identity option.

Now the new selected columns will show in the report:

Hope this works for you.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)