Submission grade: max. for everybody

Submission grade: max. for everybody

by Natalia M -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I created a workshop with the system "number of errors" (I created yes/no questions in which YES is always the right word). My problem is that every single student has the maximum score for the submission EVEN THOUGH, when their peers corrected it, they marked some of the answers as NO.

I attach two screenshots. I'm sorry part of them is in Spanish, but I think the key points are seen clearly.

The second screenshot is part of the general list. Everyone has a 10 (maximum score in each of the two parts) in the submission. The first screenshot is an example of the assessment for one student. You can see how one of the answers is NO (there are more Noes below, actually), but the grade is still 10.

Could you help me find out where I made the mistake please? This gets really frustrating sometimes...

Thank you!

Attachment assessment example.png
Attachment grades list.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Natalia M

Re: Submission grade: max. for everybody

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I am afraid this might be due to a known issue MDL-49779 with the Number of errors editing form.

Please go to your workshop and edit the assessment form again.

At the bottom part of the page, there is a separate form in the Grade mapping table section.

That form is used to define a mapping from the number of errors ("no" answers in your case) to a grade. You have to set the mapping manually and safe this mapping form.

Once you do, you will probably need to have the workshop in the assessment evaluation phase, and press the Re-calculate grades.

More details can be found e.g. at https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=198442

HTH

Average of ratings: Useful (1)