Moodle 3.5.3 - Documentation - Oauth2

Re: Moodle 3.5.3 - Documentation - Oauth2

by Marta de Souza -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Ken,

Will try to answer your questions.

1. Is your Moodle in what your entity is calling "Learner Intranet Login"? - 

No, it is not. I would not know how to add moodle to out setup that way.

It would be a nice branch-out though. Thanks login is purely Google (Sites + Classroom)

2. In the Oauth2 setup in Moodle, is it setup so that anyone using a valid google address can acquire an account? - No. I don't want anyone creating new email accounts. I want them using their existing email accounts in Google inside the domain to login to Moodle. Does setting refers to creating an account in Moodle or in Google?
  3. I'm using "authpreventaccountcreation". My database is empty at the moment, except for the two manual accounts I've created. So, does this mean that users cannot login because there is no account setup for them in Moodle? I thought the Oauth2 would do everything. Am I wrong?
  4. Can you explain further, why I would want this setting empty?   
    1. Allowed email domains allowemailaddresses
    2. Default: Empty
  5. Like I've said above, I believe I've installed Moddle from current version so no previous Oauth plugin existed and because of this mdl_user table does not contain wrong authentication. I'm using MS SQL server. I'll check.
  6. I'm the Google admin and I can see all the accounts but am not sure if it reports on all Oauth2 used for accounts. I'll check that too, thanks.
Kind regards,

Marta