Too slow charging pages 3.6 Boost and Clean

Too slow charging pages 3.6 Boost and Clean

by Enrique Robredo -
Number of replies: 19

Hi,

From Moodle 3.6dev+ (Build: 20181116) Moodle is delaying while charging pages when I use official core themes Boost or Clean. If I change Theme for child "Boost Campus", I have no problem. In the same server Ubuntu 18.04, another Moodle (3.5.3.) has no problem with core themes. 

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Enrique Robredo

Re: Too slow charging pages 3.6 Boost and Clean

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You need to report this in Moodle Tracker

This issue may be related MDL-63819

In reply to Mary Evans

by Enrique Robredo -

Thanks Mary.

I did it, but it was closed https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-64070

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, 

Yes I see that Dan Marsden closed it as not enough information.

Ok, in that case I need to ask you some questions to rule out slow-loading pages due to some Theme settings, or large files that have been uploaded, such as Site logos and background images.

Things that can cause slow loading pages.

• Which browser/s do you use?
  • Do you have Theme Designer Mode enabled in Theme settings? 
  • Have you tried Purging all cache?
  • Have you added any images in the Logos settings page?
  • Have you installed any other plugins, such as Blocks, Course Formats,  Themes etc?
  • Have you checked your Server Logs for errors?

These are just a few areas that may be the cause of the problem you have now, so please tell me if you have other software in use that you are using in conjunction with Moodle 3.6Beta?

Also did your installation pass all the checks for PHP and other Checks?

Thanks

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Enrique Robredo -

Hi, I'm on 3.6 20181120 Beta now, better, but not at all.

In development debbugin mode, I have this message (x4):

Warning: getimagesize(/data/vhosts/nuryana.com/moodlebeta/filedir/22/b6/22b6fe45cb406859dbdafecf7be219d4e5fadce7): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/vhosts/nuryana.com/beta.nuryana.com/lib/filestorage/file_system.php on line 417

Answering your questions

Which browser/s do you use?

• Chrome (Android, Chome OS, Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04)
  • Mozilla Firefox (Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04)
  • Better on Windows OS
  • Android + Chrome said: Error updating user preference 'drawer-open-nav' using ajax...
Do you have Theme Designer Mode enabled in Theme settings?

• No 
Have you tried Purging all cache?

• Yes
Have you added any images in the Logos settings page?

• Yes logo and logocompact 25.2kb and 84.4kb - .png
Have you installed any other plugins, such as Blocks, Course Formats,  Themes etc?

• mod_checklist - 2018042100
  • mod_choicegroup - 2018070900
  • mod_hvp - 2018112200
  • mod_questionnaire - 2018050106
  • mod_treasurehunt - 2018091200
  • block_xp - 2018112200
  • qtype_coderunner - 2018103000
  • qbehaviour_adaptive_adapted_for_coderunner - 2018080300
  • gradeexport_checklist - 2018040201
  • theme_boost_campus - 2018073100
  • local_adminer - 2018050900
  • local_mobile - 2018051701
Have you checked your Server Logs for errors?

• Not yet

Also did your installation pass all the checks for PHP and other Checks?

• Yes
Thanks

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Given "Android + Chrome said: Error updating user preference 'drawer-open-nav' using ajax" then do you have:

• A broken installation.
  • Broken JavaScript on the page.

?

Also, can you replicate with no additional plugins?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Enrique Robredo -

Hi,

"Also, can you replicate with no additional plugins?"

Of course:

1. Uninstall ALL the extra plugins.
  2. Purge cache.
  3. The problem persists. More than a minute to load all the blocks in the dashboard.
  4. Error updating user preference 'drawer-open-nav' using ajax Now in Windows 10 + Chrome once.
  5. Cuando utilicé una plantilla secundaria, no tuve ese error.
    (Translated: When I used a secondary template, I did not have that error.)
Thanks, Enrique.

(Edited by Mary Evans - (Added Translation in item 5 above) - original submission Friday, 23 November 2018, 12:14 PM)

by Enrique Robredo -

Checked my Server Logs error:

error.log

PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in .../beta.nuryana.com/config.php on line 5, referer: https://beta.nuryana.com/my/ (x2)

PHP Warning:  getimagesize(.../moodlebeta/filedir/22/b6/22b6fe45cb406859dbdafecf7be219d4e5fadce7): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/vhosts/nuryana.com/beta.nuryana.com/lib/filestorage/file_system.php on line 417, referer: https://beta.nuryana.com/my/ (x7)

access.log

[23/Nov/2018:16:27:02 +0000] "POST /lib/ajax/service.php?sesskey=qEnJsjosPR&info=core_course_get_enrolled_courses_by_timeline_classification HTTP/1.1" 200 7030 "https://beta.nuryana.com/my/" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Safari/537.36"

185.190.252.211 - - [23/Nov/2018:16:27:02 +0000] "POST /lib/ajax/service.php?sesskey=qEnJsjosPR&info=core_calendar_get_action_events_by_timesort HTTP/1.1" 200 47483 "https://beta.nuryana.com/my/" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Safari/537.36"

___

I hope this helps improve something.

Enrique

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Does your Moodle config.php file line 5 look like this '$CFG = new stdClass();'?

Also with 'Also, can you replicate with no additional plugins?' try a brand new complete clean install on a different url.

No need for the access.log, just need the error.log.

by Enrique Robredo -

Does your Moodle config.php file line 5 look like this '$CFG = new stdClass();'?

• No, in line 5 nothing like that:

<?php  /// Moodle Configuration File 

unset($CFG);

$CFG->dbtype    = 'mysql';

$CFG->dbhost    = 'localhost';

$CFG->dbname    = 'name';

$CFG->dbuser    = 'user';

$CFG->dbpass    = 'pass';

$CFG->dbpersist =  false;

$CFG->prefix    = 'mdl_';

Also, can you replicate with no additional plugins?' try a brand new complete clean install on a different url.

Clean install on the same url (erase all)

error.log:

[Fri Nov 23 18:26:41.428077 2018] [php7:warn] [pid 5407] [client 185.190.252.211:34594] PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in /data/vhosts/nuryana.com/beta.nuryana.com/config.php on line 5, referer: https://beta.nuryana.com/my/

[Fri Nov 23 18:26:41.428686 2018] [php7:warn] [pid 5459] [client 185.190.252.211:34596] PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in /data/vhosts/nuryana.com/beta.nuryana.com/config.php on line 5, referer: https://beta.nuryana.com/my/

[Fri Nov 23 18:26:41.706988 2018] [php7:warn] [pid 5459] [client 185.190.252.211:34596] PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in /data/vhosts/nuryana.com/beta.nuryana.com/config.php on line 5, referer: https://beta.nuryana.com/my/

[Fri Nov 23 18:26:42.944577 2018] [php7:warn] [pid 5459] [client 185.190.252.211:34596] PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in /data/vhosts/nuryana.com/beta.nuryana.com/config.php on line 5, referer: https://beta.nuryana.com/my/

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, are you creating the config.php file or the installation?

by Enrique Robredo -

Both. That is the beginning of my config.php (line 5 don't look like this '$CFG = new stdClass();) I also did a clean installation with it. The error.log is the result of the clean installation.

by Mary Evans -

Hi, 

Why did you miss adding these two lines off the config.php?

global $CFG;  
$CFG = new stdClass();

That’s if you did left them off.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Enrique Robredo -

Hi Mary

Those lines have never been in my config.php, for years. Now I have put them and the error.log seems correct.

I will install the complete Moodle, as I had before, to see if everything is going well now.

by Mary Evans -

Look at this link it explains the config.php 

https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/master/config-dist.php#L30-L33

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Enrique Robredo -

Thanks to all for the help. I have reinstalled the Moodle to the previous version (when I had the problem) with "$CFG = new stdClass();" and it goes well. I have tried in several browsers, all right. No error.log messages.

I had the problem in the configuration of the config.php

Enrique smile

by Mary Evans -
Great news...so pleased it is working OK for you now.

Have a good weekend you deserve it!

Cheers

Cheers

Mary

by Gareth J Barnard -

Both?  So are you saying on installation on M3.6 via the user interface that the config.php file is not created if it is not already there?

by Enrique Robredo -

I use a config.php that I already have preconfigured. This is a Moodle for testing before updating the production system and replicating the original.

by Mary Evans -

Enrique,

Moodle 36 has been updated so you need to update to Moodle 36 Beta (20181120)

defined('MOODLE_INTERNAL') || die();
$version  = 2018112000.01;  // YYYYMMDD  = weekly release date of this DEV branch.
//  RR    = release increments - 00 in DEV branches.
//  .XX = incremental changes.
$release  = '3.6beta+ (Build: 20181120)'; // Human-friendly version name
$branch   = '36';                       // This version's branch.
$maturity = MATURITY_BETA;             // This version's maturity level.

Mary