Note: this is also available on the MoodleNet blog
A 'Contributor Covenant' is a document that a code of conduct for contributors to Open Source projects such as MoodleNet. The original version, adopted by over 40,000 projects, is based on the work of Coraline Ada Ehmke.
We have been inspired by this and other approaches to create a draft Contributor Covenant for MoodleNet. It will be used for:
- Code contributions and interactions between community members
- Beta testing (after which there will be a user agreement)
- Security reviewers
Before we call this 'version 1.0' we would like feedback on our draft Contributor Covenant from the Moodle community. Here's how to do it:
- Read the entire document
- Think about a traffic light system for giving feedback:
- What’s good? (green)
- Do you have any questions? (amber)
- Does anything concern you? (red)
- Select the relevant text and ‘add comment’
This document is open for feedback over a two-week period from Wednesday 21st November to Wednesday 5th December 2018.
Link to draft Contributor Covenant: http://bit.ly/2FvqrM0
Image by rawpixel used under the terms of an open license
Many thanks to those who have already given us feedback on this. We'll probably be separating it out into a 'Code of Conduct' and 'Guidelines for Contribution'.
Further comments welcome: http://bit.ly/2FvqrM0