Session without date and time

Session without date and time

by Eric Tanguy -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, is it possible to add session but without any date and time ? Just "Session 1", "Session 2", ...

In a big course (600 students) we have a lot of groups (34) and each group have different date and time each week but there is only 3 "physic" session. It will be a pain to enter all sessions with date and time ...

Thanks

Eric

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Eric Tanguy

Re: Session without date and time

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

HI Eric, 

The session time is a required field when creating a session in the attendance, but it doesn't sound like the attendance plugin is the right tool for this. You may find something simple like a Choice activity might work better for you?

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Eric Tanguy -

Hi Dan, thanks for the answer. I had a look to this solution using something like choice activity but there is no note associated to this activity and i have to put one activity by meeting.

Another solution, would be to import the list of sessions asociated to each group from a timetable software. Is there a way to import sessions ?

Eric

In reply to Eric Tanguy

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you are using a recent stable supported version of Moodle, and the latest version of attendance for your version and go to:

admin > Plugins  > Activity modules > Manage Activities > Attendance

You might see a tab up the top called "import sessions"

smile

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Dan Marsden -

the documentation on that feature is non-existent though (someone might like to try it out and then improve the docs?)

I've attached a csv file here that gives an example on how to use this plugin, it might not be exactly right but should get you started.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Nettie Valo -

Hi Dan,

I've been trying different types of csv headers to import (I took a look at the source code to see the default headers and such), but even with this sample file you provided I get a "file format invalid". Do you guys have any directions on how to import sessions?