Let HTML-area create the hyperlinks automaticly

Let HTML-area create the hyperlinks automaticly

by koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
If I recall well, there was a time when the html-editor recognised a url when you typed one and converted it to a hyperlink automaticly.
Anything starting with www or http:// became a link.

Where is that feature gone? Or am I missing something?
I thing the feature was lost when Moodle moved from richtext editor to htmlarea
Average of ratings: -
In reply to koen roggemans

Re: Let HTML-area create the hyperlinks automatically

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Koen,

I don't remember the HTML editor parsing URLs previously. thoughtful As far as I know, URLs are only parsed in plain text areas.
In reply to Helen Foster

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Possibly my mistake. After some thinking, I might have got used to that in the period the editor didn't work on my computer due to a bad version in my browsercache.

On the other hand, it would be a usefull function.
Thanks you for your reply wink
In reply to koen roggemans

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Koen,

Just wondering whether perhaps you were thinking about copying and pasting a hyperlink into the HTML editor? In this case hyperlinks are preserved.