Moodle.org Cannot Upload new Plugin Version

Moodle.org Cannot Upload new Plugin Version

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I cannot choose a Moodle version on the plugin upload page.  The form field on the upload page is hidden and required which creates a problem.  

See the attached image.  The drop down menu is missing.  

Attachment No supported version upload.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Moodle.org Cannot Upload new Plugin Version

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I can see the same issue.

Could someone from Moodle HQ explain what to do to update a plugin to version 3.6?

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Chris and Fernando, thanks for letting us know about the problem, and apologies for the inconvenience. It will hopefully be fixed very soon.

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Chris.

I can reproduce that problem and it seems to be a regression of the recent upgrade of the site. We are looking at it and we will fix it ASAP.

Please note that Moodle 3.6 will be available as an option here only after the 3.6-beta release which did not happen yet.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks team!  I was able to upload the proper versions of my plugin today.  

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It's been fixed now. Thanks again for letting us know!

In reply to David Mudrák

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Thanks David to fix the version dropdown.

But now, when I want to upload a new version, in the popup where you upload the file, the licenses available do not include GPL or derivatives. Only Creative Commons, Public Domain or All Rights Reserved.

As far I remember, in the past GPL was displayed. Please, could you clarify this point.

We are trying to update Adaptable old versions and this is actually a blocker.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by David Mudrák -

In the filepicker, just use "Other" license. All Moodle plugins are GPL implicitly (and they can ship with 3rd party content if that one is GPL compatible).