Can't link competencies to courses - option not showing

Can't link competencies to courses - option not showing

napisao/la Kelly Hodder -
Broj odgovora: 3

Heya,

I couldn't find anything in the forum that specifically answers my question. We use Moodle 3.4 and I am currently investigating if competencies will help with yearly compliance modules. I've set up the competency framework but when going into the course administration menu I don't have a competency option. 

I have created a secondary account and enrolled that account as a teacher. We are currently using the Adaptable theme.

I've also followed along with the "Revolutionize Education with Moodle Individualized Learning Plans" Youtube video, www.eclass4learning.com steps and Moodle documentation.

Any idea on where I am going wrong?

Thanks!

Odgovor na Kelly Hodder

Re: Can't link competencies to courses - option not showing

napisao/la Shirley Gregorczyk -
Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers

So far I have been unable to use competencies for yearly compliance requirements. Competencies are awarded, but there is no expiration functionality. There is also no delivered reporting on competencies to students or learning plans to students.

Open your course and under the Participants link, should be the competencies link. You add the competencies there, and then you must add the competencies to the appropriate course activities that should award the competency.

Odgovor na Shirley Gregorczyk

napisao/la Kelly Hodder -

Hi Shirley, 

Thanks for replying! 

That link isn't showing (see screen shot below).

We are currently using the Adaptable screen and enrol people only using the Cohort Sync... would either of those impact this functionality?

course administration menu

Thanks! 

Odgovor na Kelly Hodder

napisao/la Mary Cooch -
Slika Documentation writers Slika Moodle HQ Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Testers Slika Translators

If you're using a non-Boost theme then the Competencies link is in the Navigation block and not the Administration block. Do you have that showing?