Policy tool - Navigate between pages

Policy tool - Navigate between pages

by Olivier Valentin -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi everyone,

I'm working on Moodle 3.5.2+ (Build: 20181027). We recently have writtent our policies, so we have activated the policy tool in Moodle's core.

We have 2 parts. As I tested on my test platform, user shoud shoud see the first page, clicks next, reads the second page, clicks next, and finally must validate each policy and register. But it doesn't work on my production platform. User sees the first page, but when he clicks "next", the same page reloads.

I tried to correct the URL just to see if I could go to the next page, but it doesn't work. That doesn't seems to come from my template (we use Essential), because the problem still occurs if I enable Boost or Clean. My production and test platforms are exactly the same (version, installed plugins...). I have even installed a local version on a Wamp server (without any plugins), and everything's ok !

Does anyone have a track or an idea of what could block navigation on my prod platform ?

Thanks for your help !

Olivier

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Olivier Valentin

Re: Policy tool - Navigate between pages

by Olivier Valentin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

just for completing my problem : I tried to migrate on Moodle 3.5., but the problem is still here. I must have something on my server configuration to explain it all, that must be the only answer !

However, I found a little solution just by adding one line in comment. Now, after connect, user goes directly to the acceptance page, without having to read all the different pages of my policy. Of course, on the acceptance page, he still can read them, for each policy shows a link to (re)read it before accept.

I went in moodle > admin > tool > policy > classes > output, opened the file pageagreedocs.php, and commented line 308 which calls redirect_to_policies :

307       // Redirect to policy docs before the consent page.
 308       //$this->redirect_to_policies($userid, $myurl);

I still can't bring a better explanation, for the problem occures only on my prod instance (but not on my test platform !!). I should do deeper testings, but when... sad

Olivier