Missing "Edit Section" and "Edit Topic" Options

Missing "Edit Section" and "Edit Topic" Options

by David Garden -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm creating a new course in 3.5.2 and when I go to click to "Edit Section" I get a blank box (see screenshot below). The same thing happens when I try to edit a topic: the "Edit Topic" option is missing (that drop-down for it only has highlight, hide, and delete)

I'm logged in as the admin but is it possible I inadvertently turned off an option I need to turn back on? 

Please help! Tryign to get a course live by Monday a.m!

THANKS! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Garden

Re: Missing "Edit Section" and "Edit Topic" Options

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The usual suspect is that you copied and pasted some junk onto the course page that has broken javascript. To check switch on your browser's JavaScript console, reload the page and check for (red) errors. 

The only other thing - if it's a non-core theme, switch back to Boost just to eliminate a theme problem.

In reply to Howard Miller

by David Garden -

The course page file was never modified, there's no JavaScript errors, and I'm using Boost as the theme.

Any suggestions?

In reply to David Garden

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If it worked before and it doesn't work now, something changed. 

What was it? Even if it doesn't seem related...