SCORM 2004 3ED Package no count attempts

SCORM 2004 3ED Package no count attempts

by Antonio Fernández Cabezas -
Number of replies: 4
Hi

I have an 2004 Scorm package with API Scorm to shared information between Moodle and SCORM.

I send to Moodle information like activiyy status (completed, passed, etc) , % advance, time session, etc. All of this work fine.

When I do the activity always count 1 attempt. I don't know why Moodle doesn't count attempts. In the setup of activity I have configured this activity how you can see in the attached file.

I was trying to setup "Force new attempt" to "Yes" but it doesn't work neither.

I was talking with Scorm support and they send me an example SCORM Golf package to test, but it doesn't work. I had tested this package previously (https://scorm.com/scorm-explained/technical-scorm/golf-examples/) and it didn't work neither

I was testing this behaviour with an Scorm 1.2 package and the result is the same

If anyone can help me I would be apreciate

My Moodle version is 3.19

Regards

Attachment moodle_scorm.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antonio Fernández Cabezas

Re: SCORM 2004 3ED Package no count attempts

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Antonio Fernández Cabezas -

Hi

You are right. SCORM 2004 is partially not supported. I use some functions SCORM 2004 APi (GetValue, SetValue, etc) and they work fine like in Moodle. 

I have used data model SCORM 2004 3Ed like cmi.exit, cmi.completion_status, cmi.success_status, cmi.progress_measure, etc and they work fine

Indeed, I have tested this SCORM 1.2 package  (https://scorm.com/scorm-explained/technical-scorm/golf-examples/   - Basic Run-Time Calls) and it doesn't count the attempts neither.

I only get count attempts (with SCORM 1.2) when I setup "Force new attempt" to "Yes" and it works in a confused way. Not always that I start the activity is counted a new attempt.

I don't understand well how does it work the concept "attempts" in Moodle and why it doesn't count when I start activity, I leave the activity or fail and start again

In reply to Antonio Fernández Cabezas

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The concept of "attempts" is confusing when it comes to SCORM. The SCORM spec defines that you must be able to re-enter an attempt in different ways so we provide a number of settings in Moodle to control this.

This FAQ item probably covers what you are looking for:
https://docs.moodle.org/en/SCORM_FAQ#Handling_of_Multiple_Attempts

SCORM 2004 attempts are also a bit messy, and it's likely there are bugs with the attempt handling of SCORM 2004 data. If you have a choice of using SCORM 1.2 or 2004 you should always choose 1.2 when working with Moodle (even though some SCORM 2004 packages may work ok.)

Average of ratings: Useful (2)