I am not understanding how to use Lessons

I am not understanding how to use Lessons

by Walter Byrd -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle 3.5

I read the moodle docs, and watched videos. But I am still not understanding some things.

Let's suppose I want to create a lesson with three content pages.

Do the content pages have to already exist? Are the pages shown on the course page? Can I create pages, within the lesson, on the fly?

What if, after saving, I want to go back and add another page, or delete a page? I am not seeing any way to do that.

Moodle seemed to allow me to create one page on the fly, but no more than that. I have tabs for more content, but they do not connect to anything, and I do not see how to delete them, or how to create pages for them.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Walter Byrd

Re: I am not understanding how to use Lessons

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Try the video above.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Walter Byrd -

I am still confused about something.

When I create a lesson, and go to add content, the first thing I see is "Add a Content Page."

So okay, I add the content.

Then, below that that is "Content 1."

Wait, what? I thought I just created the first page of content. Isn't that "Content 1?"

In reply to Walter Byrd

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

They are the "jumps" to the next page. Watch the video I linked to in my previous post, from around 3 minutes in where it shows adding a Content page and Content 1 etc.