General help

add something hidden that can still be accessed?

me
add something hidden that can still be accessed?

Is there anyway to add a hidden resource item such as a book that isn't visible on the main timeline but can still be accessed by a link to it? Reason for this is I want to add a resource that isnt part of the timeline. It will be provided to students upon request but I don't want it visible to confuse normal users. I tried to place it in a hidden section but while it stays hidden the user gets a message that "this item is currently hidden". I want to maintain a straightforward timeline for the normal user but provide a link to a book somehow that no one can see unless the link is provided. Possible or no? Thanks for any ideas. Moodle 3.0

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Howard Miller
Re: add something hidden that can still be accessed?
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

You should probably read... Stealth_activities

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

If you are definitely using Moodle 3.0 (and not a later version such as Moodle 3.1, 2, 4, or 5) then look at the documentation : https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Course_FAQ#How_can_I_make_my_course_home_page_look_more_like_a_web_page.3F

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
me

Very good. Now I wish my version was more current to take advantage of stealth mode ;) Guess I'll be working on an upgrade.

Average of ratings: -