Custom Certificate emailing all students

Custom Certificate emailing all students

by Steve Maher -
Number of replies: 3

I use the custom certificate plugin and it works great. One issue: When I hide and then unhide it, the system emails the certificate of completion to ALL of my students at once so I get hundreds of people who are confused why they are re-receiving their certificates of completion. Is this a bug ? I'd prefer to be able to do various things without the risk of all my students getting re-emailed their certificates that they already got. Thanks in advance. 

moodle 3.1 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Maher

Re: Custom Certificate emailing all students

by Niall Sheehan -
We are seeing a similar problem when replacing the old cert module with the newer custom cert module, as well all enrolled users are getting a cert regardless of completion. This is very unexpected.
In reply to Niall Sheehan

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Make sure you set your completion settings up first before turning 'Email students' to 'On' otherwise when the cron runs it will email them as you have made it accessible to all those enrolled in the course. Also, make note the certificate and custom certificate plugins are completely separate and there is no cross-over whatsoever. Getting an issued certificate in one does not mean that it is also issued in another.
In reply to Steve Maher

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Once a certificate has been issued it should not be issued again. If it does, then it is a bug. However, I can not replicate this and have unit tests verifying that this behaviour does not happen, so I am confused how this occurred.