Moodle for mobile

Moodle Mobile - Course Structure View

Picture of Bob Smith
Moodle Mobile - Course Structure View

Hi, my first time post so hope to get the help I'm looking for.

So here's the challenge:

• I'm using Moodle 3.5.1, and trialling the latest Moodle version
  • I've created a Test course, with 4 different sections
  • when I open the Course, under the Contents heading the only heading section is 'General'
  • you then have to click against the 'General' option to see the different Sections, which then opens in a different page
  • obviously this isn't ideal from a UX perspective ... users should be able to see all Sections from the main 'Contents' page
  • finally, this same page shows 'No content available at the moment' which is obviously incorrect and will create confusion with users

Look forward to any assistance as soon as possible.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Howard Miller
Re: Moodle Mobile - Course Structure View
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Moving to Mobile forum...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Bob Smith

Thanks Howard.  As mentioned, am new to all of this so appreciate your assistance ... now to see if anyone can actually help!

Picture of Jon Bolton
Particularly helpful MoodlersTesters

There might be a better method, but the way I’ve done it recently Bob is to use the Mobile Availability plugin - you can then choose if an activity, resource or a complete section is (or is not) visible for users accessing the course via the Mobile app. I set the general section (Section 0) to be not visible in the app.

https://moodle.org/plugins/availability_mobileapp

Or you can create links to each section in the General section and NOT show that to those not using the app.

Picture of Elton LaClare

Bob,

I would recommend moving your content from your first section (Pre-course Knowledge) to the General Section. You can then rename the General section to Pre-course Knowledge. This will get rid of the "no content available" notification and make it a lot easier for the users to navigate to the other sections.