Hi, my first time post so hope to get the help I'm looking for.
So here's the challenge:
- I'm using Moodle 3.5.1, and trialling the latest Moodle version
- I've created a Test course, with 4 different sections
- when I open the Course, under the Contents heading the only heading section is 'General'
- you then have to click against the 'General' option to see the different Sections, which then opens in a different page
- obviously this isn't ideal from a UX perspective ... users should be able to see all Sections from the main 'Contents' page
- finally, this same page shows 'No content available at the moment' which is obviously incorrect and will create confusion with users
Look forward to any assistance as soon as possible.
Thanks Howard. As mentioned, am new to all of this so appreciate your assistance ... now to see if anyone can actually help!
There might be a better method, but the way I’ve done it recently Bob is to use the Mobile Availability plugin - you can then choose if an activity, resource or a complete section is (or is not) visible for users accessing the course via the Mobile app. I set the general section (Section 0) to be not visible in the app.
Or you can create links to each section in the General section and NOT show that to those not using the app.
Thanks Jon, appreciate the suggestion and will check it out now.
I would recommend moving your content from your first section (Pre-course Knowledge) to the General Section. You can then rename the General section to Pre-course Knowledge. This will get rid of the "no content available" notification and make it a lot easier for the users to navigate to the other sections.
Thanks so much Elton, will give this a try.
sorry for the delay in answering. In the next release of the app we'll improve this and the app will load all the sections by default. There are a couple of exceptions:
- If you're using a topics format and you have a highlighted section, then the app will load that one.
- If you're using weeks format, the app will try to open the current week.