grade of the quiz not shown in the grade book

Re: grade of the quiz not shown in the grade book

by Juan Reyna -
Number of replies: 14
We experienced this issue, but in our case it wasn't an error, it seems to be a feature .

When  a teacher gives a feedback to a student in a particular quiz,  the grade automatically get blocked even when the quiz still open.

The teacher gave feedback to all students, those who had tried the quiz and those  who didn't have tried  and this action made the grade get blocked, the Override check box automatically check.

The only thing I have to do to recalculate the grade is uncheck this option by activity in the edit icon on the corresponding columns of the activities in the grader report. Or telling the teacher not to fill a feedback

I hope this helps to someone.
In reply to Juan Reyna

by Danilo Alves de Jesus -
The way i solved this issue was set Override to "All" > Save and at next set Override to "None" > Save. The missing grades started to showing up on grades report
In reply to Danilo Alves de Jesus

by Frank Madison -

Did you have to do this for every student/quiz grade that was missing? 

In reply to Danilo Alves de Jesus

by Frank Madison -
Did this fix just the current problems, or did you notice any future instances of this happening again?
In reply to Frank Madison

by Marli Coetzee -

I am having this issue in moodle 4 as well, is there any further solution to the problem?

In reply to Marli Coetzee

by becky harvey -

I have tried all the suggestions and none are working for me.   Is the best is just to start over?

In reply to becky harvey

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
We can't answer these addons without more information.
Are all the grades not registering or just for certain students?
Have you checked all the settings? Both in quiz and quiz notifications?
Are you sure that the grades are not overridden manually?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by becky harvey -
No grades are showing for any course (5) in the particular category. I have paid several people to solve the problem and they can't find where it differs from the other 50'ish course that I have created. I was hoping not to start over from scratch and not to repeat the same mistake!
Attachment quiz.jpg
In reply to becky harvey

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
This one is fixed. Found out that students had been given the quiz preview permission.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Etienne Landais -
This definitely is not fixed, in general. I see the same problem on a 3.9 installation where quiz preview permissions are not allowed. I have 80 quizzes in a course with identical settings, and where one and only one quiz suddenly produced 'error' as the grade for all users at the gradebook level, but shows individual student attempts and numerical grades, correctly, in the quiz results page. No changes have been made to that quiz in months. None of the possible causes/fixes listed in this thread address the problem.

Did anyone else find other causes/fixes on this problem?
In reply to Etienne Landais

by Simona Sliaupaite -
Hello, maybe there are some updates?
I'm facing the same problems with Moodle, tried all the suggestions which were discussed here, but nothing helped.
In reply to Simona Sliaupaite

by Jeff Shrek -
I am on v4.1.1 and having this issue.

It seems to be just a random few students that have the issue, and if they have the issue one Course/Quiz they will usually have it occur on several others as well.

Most students are okay and do not have any issues with these same Course/Quiz.

Screenshot 1 and 2 are using "Login as student". 

Screenshot 3 is grade report as Admin (will to next post).

Attachment pic1.jpg
Attachment pic2.jpg
In reply to Jeff Shrek

by Jeff Shrek -
And here is screenshot 3 ...
Attachment pic3.jpg
In reply to Jeff Shrek

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
When a person uses an Admin role to attempt a quiz, they are in Preview mode. It is not a true attempt. A Student role must be used to attempt a quiz.
A best practice is for an Admin to also have a student role login, as that always works as expected. The "login as student" can be occasionally buggy.
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Jeff Shrek -
I did not attempt the quiz as "Admin logged in as student" ... I just logged in as them, so I could see the students attempt.

The student attempted and passed the quiz, but it is not in the grade report and it shows as zero (well blank actually, not even 0). There are a few other students where the same thing has happened. Most students are fine... they take the quiz and it shows up. But there are a few that it does not record properly.