Testing and QA

Help needed with Moodle 3.6 QA testing

Picture of Helen Foster
Help needed with Moodle 3.6 QA testing
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Moodle 3.6 is scheduled for release on Monday 26 November 2018, so we're running another Quality Assurance (QA) testing cycle, starting today! Please see the Moodle 3.6 QA testing dashboard. The set of over 560 tests includes tests covering new features and improvements in 3.6.

If you'd like to have a play with Moodle 3.6 on our QA testing site and at the same time help with QA testing, please read the QA testing guide.

• New testers are always welcome - just send me a message if you'd like to be added to the testers group in the Moodle Tracker.
  • Experienced testers are also very welcome!

As always, we're aiming for a 100% pass rate of QA tests, so all help is much appreciated. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
Picture of Luiggi Sansonetti
Re: Help needed with Moodle 3.6 QA testing
Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Hi Helen

Count me in!

(gogogo)

Average of ratings: -
C'est moi :-)
Documentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hi,

I'll try to help in testing, but lot of other work to do.

Séverin

Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Helen,

first of all thank you for having created or added a "on hold" label to keep a ticket open without putting it in "fail" status wink

on the other hand, you say in your tickets (on the dashboard or message notifications) that you wait for the related tickets to be integrated, but there are no direct links...
are these things happening elsewhere?

Thanks for your feedback.

Picture of Helen Foster
Re: On hold tests
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Hi Luiggi,

Well spotted regarding certain QA tests being "on hold" (and thanks to Eloy for creating the status and transitions)! This is because we have epics such as MDL-62870, which contain many issues, some of which are not yet integrated.

Thus, to avoid testing areas containing incomplete features, we decided for now to put all QA tests relating to messaging, dashboard, course overview and timeline on hold.

Once I hear from integrators and developers that features are complete, I will reset the tests to open. Thus, there is no need for you to look for whether particular MDL issues are integrated yet. Please just choose an open issue to test and check back in a few days time for new open tests ready to be run. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
Re: On hold tests

Thanks for this feedback

It's clearer now wink

Picture of Babaso Aldar

Hello Helen,

I am ready ...

Picture of Sa Ku

Hi Helen, 

Count me in please.

Thanks,

SK

Picture of Vicent Perales i Mateu

Hello Elen

I am ready...

Vicent

Picture of Nicolas Martignoni
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Hi Helen,

As usual, will give a help. smile

Picture of Helen Foster
Moodle 3.6 QA testing update - 16% passed!

Thanks to Sharon, Adrian, Donna, EruditionTec Innovations, Babaso, Sa, Thomas, Vicent for your messages offering to help, and thanks to all our experienced testers including Luiggi, Séverin and Nicolas for helping out in another QA cycle.

After just one day, we have 16% of tests passed and no failures yet! Great work everybody!

Remember if you are using the QA testing site for running tests and need admin access, just send me a message and I will share the admin login.

Germán and temudgin
Documentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Happy to test again.

btw: the warning message stating remaining time before the site resets has a very low contrast, and it is difficult to read.

Could the colours be changed?

Picture of Helen Foster
Re: QA testing site reset counter

Thanks Germán, and good point about the reset counter being difficult to read. Fortunately the background colour changes to red when the time remaining is short. I have commented in MDLSITE-5532 to ask for the colour to be changed.

Picture of Sharon Monie

Hi Helen,

I hoping that about to Pass MDLQA- 12820 but just wanted to check that I understood the last point in the functional test description correctly - should I ask here or comment on the Tracker item ?

Thanks

Sharon

Picture of Helen Foster
Queries about a test

Hi Sharon,

You're welcome to ask about a particular QA test either here or by commenting on the test.

As mentioned in the QA testing guide, if in doubt whether to pass a test, you can mark it as a fail and add a comment describing your doubts.

If the functionality covered in the test works fine, but you notice one or two test steps are out-of-date, you can mark the test as a pass and mention in a comment about it needing updating. At the end of the QA cycle, we search for tests containing phrases such as 'out-of-date', 'updating', 'out of date' etc. and update them ready for the next cycle.

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
Yoruba Mask
Testers

Hi Helen,

I will participate in this cycle. 

Thanks Lisa