Updating a SCORM module why do learners still end up using the old one?

Re: Updating a SCORM module why do learners still end up using the old one?

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

When you revise a course that all students need to review, you need to create a "new" course and not just replace the existing content file. Managing content of revisions and annual training requirements for students is not a SCORM specific problem.

In any LMS students that have an existing completion record for a course are not "required" by the LMS to retake a course.

You could using a recomplete plug-in for your annual training requirements. I have not installed the plug-in, I does look very promising, however I have a basic old-school process I have been using:

Back-up the current course.

Restore the course as of the current date (not a day in the past) with a slightly different Short Name and Course ID (Fire Safety Training V1.1 or V2.0) - deselect retaining the student's current completions.

If you need to pull grades or completion records in the future from the retired course, you cannot delete the course.

Hide the superseded course and change the End Date to the date before the start date of the new course (yesterday). Consider moving it to another category (Retired courses)

I normally remove all of the enrolled students and keep a log of the courses and date ranges - if I need to generate a grade report for a retired courses.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)