Manual enrolments with expiration setup-while no notification sent

Manual enrolments with expiration setup-while no notification sent

by Wei Cai -
Number of replies: 16

Hello,

I am working on x-day access to our courses on Moodle.

We have users enrolled at different time but they can only have access to the course for a limited time depending on when they enroll.

I took one course for a test, and changed the settings below while I didn't get any notification after 1 day  I enrolled myself.

Notification is on.

I didn't change the site admin settings for I don't want to change all courses now.

Why didn't the notification send out?

Any ideas?

Thank you!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wei Cai

Re: Manual enrolments with expiration setup-while no notification sent

by Wei Cai -

here is the screenshot

Attachment notification.png
In reply to Wei Cai

by Wei Cai -

can anyone help? Did I set up anything wrong?

In reply to Wei Cai

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Do you have email set up?  Are other emails going out?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Wei Cai -

Thanks for your reply Emma.

Yes all emails are set up when accounts are created and notification is enabled also...

In reply to Wei Cai

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

That is not what I meant - do you receive emails from the site otherwise?

by Wei Cai -

No I didn't get any notification either via email or notification on Moodle.

The email function works on our Moodle and when registered to the course, I did get email with my login info.

In reply to Wei Cai

by Emma Richardson -

Try extending the duration a little - it could just be that the time is too short and the time that Moodle would normally send out the notification has already passed when you enrol.  Try extending to three days.

by Wei Cai -

Thank you Emma.

I created a new course with 90-day access and notification enreshold is 88 days..still no luck.

I waited for 2 days and still didn't get any notification...thoughtful

Maybe what else I need to set up?

Attachment manual enrolment.png
In reply to Wei Cai

by Emma Richardson -

Check your scheduled tasks page to make sure that the tasks are running correctly.  Then check your server logs to see if something is not working with your email server.

by Wei Cai -

We do have a few tasks disabled. I am not sure whether any of those will have impact. Which one can I try to turn on?

There is a task called "send warnings to users" and it has been running.

Thanks,

Attachment scheduled task.jpg
In reply to Wei Cai

by Emma Richardson -

You need to look at this one:

Manual enrollment send expiration notifications task

by Wei Cai -
Thank you so much Emma and sorry for all questions.
Our email server works fine.
I cannot see this task under "schedule task" while all settings seem correct.  Do I need to create a Manual enrollment send expiration notifications task manually or anywhere I can add one??
I am thinking if the schedules task shows up here, it should work fine..hopefully.

Attachment 1.png
Attachment 2.png
In reply to Wei Cai

by Emma Richardson -

Have you checked any logs?

Moodle logs should show you if it is attempting to notify users and also if there was an issue with the email...I don't understand why you would not have that scheduled task...

by Wei Cai -

The logs didn't show any "trying to send email or notification" error ..maybe that's because the scheduled task is missing and the notification even didn't work.

Is there any plugin needed for Manual enrollment send expiration notifications task? Or do we need to create one ourselves?

Thank you!

by Wei Cai -

Hi Emma,

I found Reengagement plugin from other postings and tried it for notification, It works great!!

I will use reengagement for now and will still figure out why expiry notification doesn't show on our scheduled task.

Thank you so much for all your replies and help!!

Wei

In reply to Wei Cai

Απάντηση: Re: Manual enrolments with expiration setup-while no notification sent

by Thodoris Pilarinos -

Hello Wei,

I have the same problem with manual enrolment expiry notifications. I'm using the coupon plugin to enroll users in courses. However, students don't receive any notification regarding their enrolment duration. The will get forum notifications I have set up the cron job  for messages and I receive emails from no-reply. Do you find any solution? Do you use the reengagement plugin to send notifications to users?