Moodle for mobile

Issues with Moodle Mobile with Scorm

Picture of Nitin Jain
Issues with Moodle Mobile with Scorm
Particularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Dear Moodlers,

we are using Moodle 3.1.1+ AND Moodle Mobile xxxxxxxx

We are having two issues into Moodle Mobile APP while viewing scorm lessons:

#1: The app goes into stand by while you are viewing SCORM lesson. I did research on Moodle forums and internet to find out if there is a way to handle it inside Moodle Mobile APP but didn't find any thing. If i play a youtube /vimeo embedded video into Moodle Mobile app then it doesn't sleep at all.

#2: The scorm player controls on Moodle Mobile APP are having responsive issues. I mean on different mobiles, different modes, the player shows different controls. some times play /pause is missing, some times total time is missing, some times icons cut off. Please see some screenshots attached for ref... Player looks complete only on iphone7.. in all other devices 1-2 icons are off..

Some suggestions, recommendations on these issues would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dani Palou
Re: Issues with Moodle Mobile with Scorm
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Hi,

which tool are you using to create the SCORM? My guess is that the SCORM isn't handling the size of the screen as it should.

Can you check if the SCORM works fine in a web browser in the same device where you're testing the app?

Cheers,

Dani

Picture of Nitin Jain

Thanks Dani..

I will check what you suggested for Problem #2.

do you have any clue /suggestion on problem #1 ?

Picture of Nitin Jain

Hi Dani,

With regards to #2, i tried to upload the scorm on same server, and accessed on the same device via web browser and actually it looks absolutely fine..

see some screenshots..

Picture of Dani Palou
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Hi Nitin,

can you send us the SCORM package to mobile@moodle.com? Please reference this post in the mail.

Regarding #1, usually apps in iOS are frozen when they go in background. Apple doesn't allow you to keep the app running unless you need it for location or similar stuff. We only allow running audio in background, the rest of the app is frozen.

Kind regards,

Dani