I want a grade category with weighted sum aggregation method grade

I want a grade category with weighted sum aggregation method grade

by Elaheh Abolhassani -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I think what I want is really simple and common but I cant find a way to do it in moodle's gradebook. I have a grade category named for example "assignments". My course's total grade will be from 20 and "assignments" maximum grade is from 16. I want to add different grades with different grades to this category and at the end it calculates sum of the grades and converts it to a grade from 16. for example:

G1: 0-100

G2: 0-10

G3: 0-20

total: 0-130

assignments: 0-16

so if we have G1=90 and G2=8 and G3=18 then their total will be 116 and the assignments category's grade should be 14.27 ( = (90+8+18)*16 / 130 )

many grades may be added to the category during semester so its not an option to change the formula each time.

Thanks!

In reply to Elaheh Abolhassani

Re: I want a grade category with weighted sum aggregation method grade

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You just weight the categories.  Moodle will automatically adjust the total according to the assignments placed in the category.  It would probably be easier to make the course total 100 with the assignment category worth 80 so that it falls in line with percentage.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: I want a grade category with weighted sum aggregation method grade

by Elaheh Abolhassani -

It didn't do what I wanted.

The total grade is sum of all grades. I have 4 grades like this:

g1: 0-1

g2: 0-1

g3: 0-2

g4-category: 0-16

sum of grades should be: 0-20

I assigned weights to these 4 grades like this:

g1: 5

g2: 5

g3: 10

g4: 80

But there is no way to keep the max value of "sum of grades" to 20 and set max value of g4-category to 16. They will add any grade that exist in the gradebook or in the category. I want to have a grade from 20 at the end.

Thanks