Filter only works in one section of buttons format

Filter only works in one section of buttons format

by Tom Wright -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

I'm using the latest Moodle version as well as the latest version of these plugins:

• Collapsible Regions Filter
  • Course format: Buttons

Essentially, I'm trying to add a collapsible region to 6 of my 8 sections but only one loads on one section at a time. It will always load on the section i first go into / view and no others. It cant be what I've written into the section as it works on each when I load them first, I have also tried with different content in the region but still doesnt work.

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice that can be given!

Tom

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Wright

Re: Filter only works in one section of buttons format

by Tom Wright -

I appreciate any help as im banging my head against the wall here

In reply to Tom Wright

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Latest?  Do you mean Tom the latest version of Moodle 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 or 3.6?  And by latest the one published on Moodle.org or Github or the one you have installed and think is the latest but in fact is not the latest as you did not know that a new version had been released?  What versions of the plugins have you installed?  As the latest versions for them might not actually be the latest that you think is the latest or you might be running a version not designed for a version of the Moodle you're running.  Also anyone trying to replicate the issue may think they have the latest version but then it turns out to be not the same actual version as you think is latest and then they can't replicate and a whole lot of time is wasted and you don't get the help you need in the time you would like.  That's the problem with the word 'latest' and why it is so important to actually spend the time and say the versions in the first place!  Therefore the word 'latest' should only be used to initiate a wild goose chase.

Therefore:

• What are the versions of everything you have mentioned?
  • Where can the plugins be found?
  • What have you actually written?
  • Screen shot could help please.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Tom Wright -

Hi Gareth, 

Thankyou so much for the help and I'm sorry i wasn't as clear as i should have been!

In-terms of what I've written, I have two blocks of text at the top of each section and I've made an expandable table below that is based on the collapsible region filter. See Screenshots below, 1. is how it should work, 2. is what it shows when it doesnt work. 3. is the atto screen shot. I have 8 sections and it only ever works on one.

In reply to Tom Wright

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok....

The Collapsible regions filter was last updated for Moodle 3.1.  Does it work on other course formats?

What version of the Buttons format are you using?  What is the Buttons format?

What theme and version are you using?

Which screen shot is which as there are no numbers on them in relation to your description?

How did you create, steps, what you've shown in the screen shots?  Thus, how can someone else replicate please?

by Tom Wright -

Buttons: https://moodle.org/plugins/format_buttons (Build: 2018062700) (2018062700) - its a course format that splits the course into sections using different buttons and javascript

I am using Adaptable: 1.7.1 (2018073000) https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=theme_adaptable

the screenshots are in order, the first is number one, the second is number two, the third is number three from top to bottom.

I just added the correct wording through atto to initiate the collapsible region filter. It has the same issue with what ever wording i put, so while it is a table in my screen shots that is collapsible, the same issue is persistent for blocks of text.

The correct coding for the filter is {collapsible}[clickabletexthere] collapsible text {collapsible}

Again apologies, i appreciate wading through the mess of my amateurishness .

In reply to Tom Wright

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, when I install the Buttons format on M3.5 (and I have the H5P module installed) then I get the browser console error: Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of '-516080261/jsrev' exceeded the quota.   Are you seeing this too?  If so it breaks JS and therefore would break the collapsible regions filter (and lots of other things too).

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, might not be that, but are you getting any errors on the browser console?

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, I've sorted out my issue.  I've added a label in the Buttons format with the filter (with the Boost theme at the moment) and cannot replicate.  Please could you provide the exact text that you've added.