Any sign of dates for MoodleMoot IE/UK 2019

Re: Any sign of dates for MoodleMoot IE/UK 2019

by Tim Williams -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Plugin developers
John, those dates are my theory as well, based on the past pattern, though I'm hoping that we're both wrong since they pose a problem for me.

However, exact dates aside, could the MoodleMoot UK organisers *please* get the dates announced sooner? People keep trying to fill up my diary, I've got other possible commitments "on hold" waiting for the MoodeMoot dates. Easter is a holiday period and like many people I would like to be able to plan my holidays before everything gets booked up, but it is impossible to do so until MoodleMoot dates are out.

For 2019 I already have a one-off invitation only event in N. Wales that's on the 15th April. As a volunteer contributor to the project, I'm loath to miss it. Right now my plan is to skip the first day of MoodleMoot and travel in the evening. I'm hoping MoodleMoot isn't too far from N. Wales this time, since I have to be back there by the evening of the 18th for further confirmed commitments.

On side note, I'm a director of PyCon UK 2019 (5 days, 700+ attendees and 100% volunteer run) we already have the 2019 dates published on our website (13th to 17th September if anybody is interested). I'm firmly of the opinion that getting the dates and location for MoodleMoot UK out much earlier would have a positive impact on attendance numbers, it works for us at PyCon UK. There are many other smaller events I'm involved with or attend that already have 2019 dates out that are well past April.
In reply to Tim Williams

Re: Any sign of dates for MoodleMoot IE/UK 2019

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello both. Your guess is accurate - the UK and Ireland MoodleMoot 2019 will be from 15th to the 17th April in Manchester. More details and links to follow shortly.

Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (1)