Moodle for mobile

during activity, no way back from 3 dot menu button?

Picture of Jan Waginski
during activity, no way back from 3 dot menu button?

I'm doing a SCORM activity in the app. When I press the menu button in the lower right corner (3 dots), there's seemingly no way to get back to the activity. Pressing back on the phone (Note 4) kicks you out of the app. Am I missing something?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dani Palou
Re: during activity, no way back from 3 dot menu button?
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Hi Jan,

I guess that menu button at the lower right is inside the SCORM itself, right? It probably is a link that isn't handled by the app, and so it overrides the app, causing the behaviour you're describing. In the next release we'll include an improvement that could fix this issue.

Is this SCORM the same you reported in the other post, the one created with EasyGenerator? I'm asking so I can check if the issue is fixed.

Cheers,

Dani

Picture of Jan Waginski

Hi Dani,

Good to hear this will be fixed!

That 3 dot menu isn't part of the SCORM - it's on every page of the app. If you click the home icon at the far left, you can get out of the 3 dot menu and get back to the dashboard/course page you were on. But if you click the 3 dot menu when you start a SCORM, you've got a problem - pressing the home icon will kick you out of the SCORM. Pressing the back button on the phone will kick you out of the app.

IMO you should be able to just click those same 3 dots to get out of that menu.

No, this one was created using Lectora. I passed on the results of your testing to EasyGenerator - still waiting to hear back from them.

Thank you!

Jan

Picture of Dani Palou
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Hi Jan,

sorry for the delay in answering, I was in the MootUS last week.

I misunderstood you in the first message, I thought the SCORM implemented some kind of menu, I didn't understand you meant the 3 dots tab.

The default behaviour of the tabs in Ionic (the framework we use) is that you can change tabs while keeping the "context" you have on each tab. However, if you click again the tab you are currently using, the app will redirect you to the home page of that tab. So clicking the Home tab while you are on the Home tab will send you back to the Dashboard. This is something that we want to improve, but we didn't have time to do it yet.

I was testing this now with a SCORM and I realized that going back to the Home tab displays a blank screen, for some reason the SCORM disappears. I opened an issue to fix it:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-2711

Kind regards,

Dani

Picture of Jan Waginski

Thank you!