Modile Mobile Android vs iOS

Modile Mobile Android vs iOS

by Jurgita Rimkiene -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Testers

Hi all,

our institution is planing to buy tablet for using Moodle mobile on them. What would be the recommendations which to choose android or iOs?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jurgita Rimkiene

Re: Modile Mobile Android vs iOS

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I recommend Android. The hardware is significantly cheaper and Moodle does not require any of the possible hardware advantages of of iOS devices. I speak as someone with a 2018 iPad, but that is because is really good at audio/music so no advantage for Moodle. I recently purchased a pre-loved Amazon Kindle specifically for using/testing Moodle mobile and even shiny new they are very cheap.

The other subtle advantage is that there are vastly more Android devices in the world so you can be confident that the Moodle App and any plugins will have been used more/tested more on Android. 

I used to work somewhere that had a rack of iPads and they seemed to require a great deal of management, particularly as they are at heart single user devices.

In reply to Marcus Green

Re: Modile Mobile Android vs iOS

by Jurgita Rimkiene -
Picture of Testers

Thank you for your answer, I really appreciate it.

Could you also express your opinion about managing Android and iOS tablets during the Moodle quizzes.  I mean that Apple has Classroom app for iPads's management. Maybe in this situation iPads are more convenient?