Some help required in Moodle 3.5

Re: Some help required in Moodle 3.5

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You might need to let us know if you mean "for the instructor" or "for the student."

For example, the student can get a quick summary by going to their Moodle grade book.

An instructor can get a quick summary of activities/recourses by looking at their course.  (Yes, a lot depends on how they have structured their course.)

For example, if the student wants to show the status of a course, they can use the Dashboard or their grade book.

In general, the answers to your questions is "yes."  If you can't do these things directly, like changing the words to "...Submit QUIZ 1" you can modify moodle's internal code, if this wording is very important to you.

Others here on Moodle.org might provide more help to you.  I just wanted to help get the conversation going.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Aditya Dubay -

Hi Rick,

Thanks for reply.

From your answer I feel that what I want is not possible without modifying moodle code and if I modify moodle code I wont able to upgrade it. Right.

If you can explain me things point by point as I requested its good for me to understand that "Yes point is possible in this way".

In reply to Aditya Dubay

by Rick Jerz -

If you modify code, you can still always upgrade.  You would just need to make sure that you reapply your code and that you make sure the code still works correctly in the upgraded Moodle.  I am not a coder, so I avoid modifying code.

I cannot explain "point by point" because I don't use Moodle in the way that you desire.  But here is the best that I can do:

#1 - I don't know.

#2 - I don't know.

#3 - Only with coding, which I don't know how to do.

#4 - Only with coding, which I don't know how to do.

#5 - For the instructor, I don't know. I don't use the Dashboard as you want to.  Others might know.  For a student, it depends upon how one uses Activity Completion.  You should explore the Moodle documentation about the Dashboard.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Aditya Dubay -

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply.

I feel my queries are still not resolved. smile

In reply to Aditya Dubay

by Rick Jerz -

Well, I have not been helpful.

What are your alternatives?  I doubt that any other LMS will be able to do what you want to do.

As a suggestion, consider getting a free MoodleCloud account and start working with Moodle.  Then you will gain a feel for what Moodle can do, and what it cannot do.  When you have very specific requirements, you might learn that you will have to back off from these requirements or hire a programmer to modify Moodle.  If you find that you have a "must" requirement and Moodle cannot do it, then find a different alternative.

Moodle remains the most powerful LMS, and the only LMS that a user can modify to get it to do something unique.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)