Importing from SCORM into Book

Re: Importing from SCORM into Book

by Víctor Nuño -
Number of replies: 1

Thanks Shirley ...

What I am trying is to import each SCORM slide or content, into each page in a book. So, the purpose is to have in the book the same number of pages as there are in the SCORM, with the same order, an index well built with all the names correctly written.

My SCORM contents do not come from a PowerPoint or anything from Microsoft. They have all been built using an IMS / SCORM editing tool called eXeLearning (http://exelearning.net).

When importing, each "slide" or content from SCORM is just perfect as a book chapter. The problem is the index, as it has an order that has nothing to do with the original. As I read somewhere it seems to follow the order in which it was written in the filesystem, but that's not at all the intention. Additionaly index items have no title, so it becomes quite a mess to look for what title needs to go in each book chapter, and also moving each chapter till it corresponds to the original intention.

So, what I need to know is if there is any way, script or not, to have a complete import done the right way.

In reply to Víctor Nuño

Re: Importing from SCORM into Book

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Victor

if you have access to the source files from exelearning you can export them as HTML file.

Otherwise you should cut&paste but you will loose several features from your site.

Ralf

Average of ratings: Useful (1)