BBB instance type explanation needed

Re: BBB instance type explanation needed

by Jesus Federico -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers
Well, I think you have your response already but anyways, I'll give you a use case :D.

Lets say a teacher wants to have a room with recordings for student collaboration showing a recording from a different course but only want them to have meetings that  should not be recorded. You may argue that students won't have access to start/stop recordngs anyways, but they could if you want to give them moderator capabilites.

I know, the convinations are endless, but this is the thing, this plugin has been growing in features and capabilities based on user requests. What does't make much sense to you may be the only way to solve someone else problem.

My advice is always to look for the settings that will work for you particular use cases and try to set them up by default, this way your users don't have to be worried for too many combinations.

I would say that in your case, if you prefer no to see the checkbox but still want to have all the meetings with the option for being recorded, add this to your config.php

$CFG->bigbluebuttonbn['recording_default'] = 1;

$CFG->bigbluebuttonbn['recording_editable'] = 0;

I hope this helps.

JF

Average of ratings: Useful (1)