I don't think and I hope it's not a "rip" project.
Because collaborative learning based on team is a good idea for some pedagogical way.
I think some plugins can do job, but they are not into a same course format.
In slide 11, we can imagine some tips with
- restriction by date... https://moodle.org/plugins/?q=availability_
- ok topics or (sub)courses
- based on bulk creation into same course (eg https://moodle.org/plugins/local_problemsection
- with some groups plugins (enrolment and/or self selection...) https://moodle.org/plugins/index.php?q=groups
- with analitycs, and some sql queries (https://moodle.org/plugins/?q=reports)