Face2Face Plugin Errors

Face2Face Plugin Errors

by Kassie Phillips -
Number of replies: 3

Hoping someone can assist with a few issues I'm having with the Face2Face plugin.

1) Email notification is sent multiple times and includes HTML coding
e.g. " Details: <h4><strong>Date:</strong> Monday, 3 December to Wednesday, 5 December 2018 (3 days)<br /><strong>Session Time:</strong> 08:30 - 16:00<br"

2) Once a participant signs up it confirms their booking has been completed at the top of the screen but at the bottem of the screen it says "Can not find record in database course table." under the upcoming sessions.

Using Moodle 3.1.14

Attachment F2F error.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kassie Phillips

Re: Face2Face Plugin Errors

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If what you post above is exactly what displays...it sounds like you typed in the html directly in the text box rather than using editing features or adding the html to an html area.  If you click the Show more buttons option in your wysiwyg editor and you have a text editor that allows you to modify html (Atto or TinyMCE), you can look for an icon that looks like <> or </> and that allows you to edit the html.  In HTML, your text looks like this:

<p>&lt;h4&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Date:&lt;/strong&gt;
Monday, 3 December to Wednesday, 5 December 2018 (3 days)&lt;br /&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Session
Time:&lt;/strong&gt; 08:30 - 16:00&lt;br"<br></p>

As for your second issue...I don't have an answer--not a database person and haven't had the issue.  Are there upcoming sessions? Do they show up as signed up when you look at them?  What version of F2F? If your Moodle version doesn't match up with a compatible plugin, this can result in problems.  Looks like an older (but not old) version of Moodle--you may need to upgrade sometime soon.

Also--you might try the F2F forums, where (moderator!) this needs to be moved.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Kassie Phillips -

Hi Melanie,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't typed in any HTML, they don't have the option too, this what the text area looks like. (attachment)

Im assuming the fields they have (which automatically come up)  [   ]   are supposed to correspond with the information you enter in for the session information (attachment), some seems to come up fine and others comes up with HTML.  :/  

An external partner is supposed to make sure the plugins are compatible with the Moodle version, might have a chat with them.

Thanks smile

Attachment F2F.JPG
Attachment session info.JPG
In reply to Kassie Phillips

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

So, you see in your wysiwyg that there is a button on the bottom row next to Font size that is <>?  Click that and look at the html.  I bet the html will be weird, if not seriously ugly.  If it wasn't typed in the box as html, it may have been cut and pasted from Word or something similar...sometimes pasting has weird effects--I think the same thing happened on my site a while back--clear out all the formatting and re-do it in the details area. 

The first image is just the set up for the email--anything in [ ] will populate with one of the fields from the second area.  It looks like several of the items in the details are unnecessary (Dates, times). 

Completely unsolicited advice:

I try to limit what I put in details to things that aren't already identified in other fields.  You can also add fields to your sessions options (like...location, venue, room, etc) which can cut down on details, too.  You do have to fiddle with the default email text to get those to show but it isn't too hard.  If you've got a vendor, you might be able to get them to take care of language pack stuff. 

And, in site administration, you can select what are called 'Session roles' as teacher or trainer (if you have a custom Trainer role--I used to for courses that had 10+ trainers who I didn't want to give teacher permissions to) or whatever for the F2F plugin.  Then you enroll the trainers in that role and you can check their name in a list or checkbox and it shows up in the session info (maybe not the email).