Limit concurrent logins does not work in Moodle 3.5

Limit concurrent logins does not work in Moodle 3.5

by Mark Angel Arcega -
Number of replies: 5

My goal is to prevent users from logging in their account multiple times at the same time. I searched the forum and figured out that I should set the Limit concurrent logins in Site Administration > Plugins > Authentication > Manage Authentication. 

After setting that up, it seems that users can still login their account more than once at the same time. Is this a bug?

Thanks for the help.

Attachment multiple login.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Angel Arcega

Re: Limit concurrent logins does not work in Moodle 3.5

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

As explained, this feature doesn't work with SSO's authentication methods (CAS, LDAP, Shibboleth, OAuth 2...).

You didn't tell us which one(s) you use...

Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Mark Angel Arcega -

Hi,

Sorry for not telling the authentication method I used. By the way, the authentication method is Manual accounts.

Will it work?

Thanks for the help.

Mark Angel

In reply to Mark Angel Arcega

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

That should work for accounts using manual authentication.

If not, please provide much more details about your configuration, and what you do exactly to see the problem.

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Mark Angel Arcega -

Hi,

Yes I also expected it to work. The only changes I've done in my set up was to allow accounts with the same email. Is there any additional plugin I need to install to make this work?

I also tried reinstalling moodle and I limit the concurrent login. But still, it doesn't work. What seems to be the problem? Am I missing something? Thank you so much.