General help

Unable to request Airnotifier access key

Picture of James Streater
Unable to request Airnotifier access key

I have registered my site 

"Your site is registered. Registration last updated 25 February 2018."

yet when I request a key is says:

"An error occurred while retrieving key. Your Moodle site must be registered with Moodle.org to use this service. You may need to re-register to update your details there."

Are there any ways to easily fix this or an alternative solution. 

Many thanks.

James

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Helen Foster
Re: Unable to request Airnotifier access key
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Hi James,

You need to update your registration and agree to the Privacy notice and data processing agreement for Moodle.net in order to obtain an Airnotifier key. Hopefully you won't have any problems, but if you do, please email support@moodle.org.

Picture of James Streater

Hi. Thanks for the advice. I tried to update my registration but got this:

"Exception - Call to undefined function xmlrpc_encode_request()"

I've emailed support as well, so hopefully a solution will be found. 

Picture of Helen Foster
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTestersTranslators

Thanks James, I have replied to your email.

Just to explain for anyone else reading this discussion who has the same problem:

Sites using older versions of Moodle (3.3 or older) which don't have the xmlrpc extension installed are unable to update their site registration until they upgrade their site. However, if you email support@moodle.org we can provide you with a workaround so you can continue using Airnotifier and receiving security notifications.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)