Text editors

Atto morefontcolors plugin display issues.

Picture of Juan Bautista Sartorio
Atto morefontcolors plugin display issues.

Hello, I am testing the latest version (3.5) of Moodle to deploy on our university. I noticed that by default the Atto editor does not show the color picker, surprised by that, by I enabled it succesfully. But the color selection is so small, that the morefontcolors plugin is a must. So I proceded to install it, and it is having a display problem, the picker is small that the colors are not visible, but they are clickable and they change colors correctly. 

I´ve read that this display issue is corrected in the Adaptable theme (that I use), but in my site does not work. I´ve read the issue was resolved years ago, in the Adaptable theme. 

In this post they talk about it: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=339997 and I even see in the Adaptable theme CSS that the solution is already integrated: https://bitbucket.org/covuni/moodle-theme_adaptable/src/b499c2d6dfe5d7d28f5f4a71a22b90728db10d78/style/adaptable.css?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#adaptable.css-817

I installed the plugin via the Moodle installer and by downloading the zip file, and adding manually the corrected code at the style.css file of the plugin, and same problem.

Then I tried manually changing the value in DevTools of Chrome to see if I can apply to the current view the change, but does not work either. I don´t know if I'm doing something wrong, but any help will be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Rick Jerz
Re: Atto morefontcolors plugin display issues.
Particularly helpful Moodlers

I am using Moodle 3.5.2, the standard Boost theme, ATTO, and have the morefontcolors add-in installed.  I see it as shown below.

I wonder if you might be facing an ATTO versus TinyMCE editor issue.

Well, here's the interesting thing.  I use discussion forums a lot in my courses, and for many years.  Seldom do either I or students use different font colors.  However, I thought that it would be good to provide more colors, and would still add these.  It is just interesting that change font colors is seldom used.

Average of ratings: -