Notifications Error

Notifications Error

by Trudian Trail -
Number of replies: 2

I have receive the following error in the Notifications section of the course. I have also not been receiving email notifications for the last few days (admin or test student account). Are the two related? Please help.

screenshot of notifications error

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Trudian Trail

Re: Notifications Error

by Trudian Trail -

To provide some additional details, I've been doing some research and a few places mentioned that this may be related to the cron settings. However, I am not sure how to run these. When I try to do so from the browser window, I get following error message: !!! Sorry, internet access to this page has been disabled by the administrator. !!!

I then go to "Site Administration >> Site security settings >> Cron execution via command line only" and attempt to change the settings to allow me to access it from a browser but it won't let me. I cannot uncheck it, even after saving it still remains checked.  I also thought checking would mean that i should be able to access it from the web but i still get an error message. 

Please advise. I'm about to start a series of courses and it's important that the users get email notifications of announcements and important updates in the course.

image of cron settings