How and When the teacher can give the member about enrolment key

How and When the teacher can give the member about enrolment key

by Somsanith Mounphoxay -
Number of replies: 1

On the right side of the front page it says about the step of how new member can join the course, and they said " If you are prompted for a "enrolment key" - use the one that your teacher has given you. This will "enrol" you in the course" I am wondering how can the teachers tell their member of the enrolment key? will they have to send every member email? can teachers send email from the site as a memo?

Thank you for your help. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Somsanith Mounphoxay

Re: How and When the teacher can give the member about enrolment key

by Steve Hyndman -

Think of the enrolment key as the course password. If you set this, then students will need some way of getting this from you to enrol. You could do this via email. If students have an account on your Moodle install, then you could manually enroll them (in your course, go to admin/students and select them from the site list and move them to the course) in the course and they wouldn't need the enrolment key.

You could also change that message from "Use the one that your teacher has given you." to reflect the way you want to handle this...for example, you could change it to read, if you are prompted for an enrollment key, then email your teacher for the key.

I try to explain this to my students on the front page of the site...see the introduction on the front of my site: http://www.kentuckyclassroom.com/teacher/

Steve