notification message on mobile

notification message on mobile

by Abu Ali -
Number of replies: 4

dear moodler,

i would like to inform you that i want to set a notification message on mobile moodle on posting of forum in any course. The purpose of this activity is that students can get a notification alert in their mobile on updating of any post in the forum.

if it is possible please suggest me how to achieve this task.

thanks a lot.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abu Ali

Re: notification message on mobile

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

How about making use of the subscribed forum posts notification in the Moodle app? Please see the documentation Moodle app notifications for details of how to enable it.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Abu Ali -

Thanks dear Helen,

i follow the same instruction  as you mentioned in the Moodle app notification.

I did the all settings and troubleshooting but still i did not get any message from teacher and student.

i send many posts in forum and create the new assignments as a teacher but no message is received by the student. i tested as a student also.

anyhow, thanks a lot for your help. please guide me if you will find something different.

In reply to Abu Ali

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you using the Moodle app for moodle.org? If so, you can see how forum post notifications work.

Otherwise, I am just moving your discussion thread to the Moodle for mobile forum in case any of our Moodle app experts has anything to add.

In reply to Abu Ali

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

as Helen said, if the user is subscribed to the forum he should receive a notification. Are you testing this with the official Moodle app?

Kind regards,

Dani