General developer forum

Rubric developer

Picture of Memona Salahuddin
Rubric developer

Can I get the email address of Rubric developer

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dan Marsden
Re: Rubric developer
Core developersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersPlugins guardiansTestersTranslators

If you are looking for free support/help it is usually better to ask your questions here in the forums instead of emailing the developers directly - unless you are looking for commercial level services?

Staff from Moodle HQ wrote the core "Rubric" grading form in Moodle and I wrote the Marking guide grading form.

Hello Dan Marsden,

I am working for an institute where I have to design Quizzes and Assignment(Rubric). I find Rubric one of the best way of marking the assignment. Right now I am using Rubric not only to mark Assignment but also take any type of oral test from Student. Using Rubric for an oral purpose I have to upload the file for each student my self as the teacher doesn't want, student to know from where is she taking the test. During Oral, test teacher marks the test directly on the window where the student assignment is supposed to appear as I have uploaded the Oral assessments sheet there. It saves a lot of time. As soon as she is done marking the test. she immediately enters the result in Rubric, saves changes and the mark sheet with the result is emailed to the student and at the same time student marks are upgraded in the Gradebook. I find it one of the best way to take the Oral Exam.

The only issue that I faced is that sometimes I have to upload the sheet for 50 or more student and it takes a lot of time. I want the programmer to include this option in Rubric, if the teacher wants to upload a file for 50 students she can upload it in "Setting option" somewhere and the file is uploaded to each student. In Rubric, there should be both options available for the student to submit the Assignment and for the teacher to use it for the oral exam. 

Thankyou

Picture of Dan Marsden
Core developersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersPlugins guardiansTestersTranslators

Hi Memona, 

I think what you are asking for is a grade import tool that includes the responses to individual items within the rubric. At the moment the CSV Grade import tool in Moodle doesn't support advanced grading methods (unless I've missed something) - but emailing "the developer" won't help.

Feature requests/bug reports can be added in the Moodle Tracker (tracker.moodle.org) - but please make sure you do a proper search first because this request has come up before in the forums and there might be an existing tracker issue related to this.

You may also want to take a look at the other 3rd party advanced grading method plugins - to see if any of them have implemented an import feature:
https://moodle.org/plugins/?q=type:gradingform

Please don't expect an immediate response here in the forums, quite often you will also find the weekends a bit quieter as a large number of the people who contribute in the forums here tend to contribute more during Mon-Fri

Also - if you find that there isn't an existing Moodle tracker issue that covers the ability to import the grading data from rubrics/advanced grading methods and you create a new request in the tracker, please don't expect an immediate response, there are a long list of existing feature requests and a very small number of developers with the time to work on them.

There are things you can do to increase the chances of getting this feature implemented:

* Contract a Moodle Partner and pay for the time for a developer to implement this and submit it to Moodle core. 
* Pay a developer for their time to create a new advanced grading method that meets your needs.
* Or if budget is tight, you might consider becoming part of https://moodleassociation.org/ and submit this as a project idea.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. Actually, I just want a window in the" setting option" like Feedback window. where I can drop a file and it appears to all the student window as the same way when the student submitted their assignment. I want Rubric to have both options, one if the student is submitting an assignment and the second if the teacher wants to submit the paper on behalf of a student. That help teacher to take an Oral exam. it's nothing about grading systems. 

I am waiting for help. Thanks

Picture of Dan Marsden

What you are asking for isn't directly realated to rubrics. It sounds like what you want is to be able to bulk upload student submissions. I'm not aware of functionality that does this (you can bulk upload feedback files but that probably won't help)

I would suggest that you post a new discussion in the assignment forum here titled 'bulk upload assignment submissions' describing what you are looking for and someone might have some ideas, but I suspect you may need to pay a moodle developer to create this functionality for you (search for a local Moodle Partner to help with this)

I have posted the Question on the Moddle but I didn't get any response.  Is it too much that I have asked for. Is it possible that you could guide me to whom should I asked help from?

Richard Jones
Particularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

If you need a developer you can also advertise here:

https://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?id=7232

The Moodle jobs board.