Multiple statements in a single question.

Multiple statements in a single question.

ni Noe Vargas Betancourt -
Number of replies: 2

HI all, I am all new to using Moodle as a teacher and are having a tough time getting around even basic things,

I wonder if there is a way I could have multiple assessment statements in a single question. I explain: I have a short audio that the students need to listen to, it is divided in 4 smaller parts, each part has three possible answers. I want all my four questions with each their own 2/3 answer choices on the same page. See image below.

The image above is an idea of how I would like the exercise displayed, as it stands now, even if I have the questions added on the same page on the settings, they are still displaying each on different pages on the preview mode. My students need to click on next every time they finish one of the four items,  also the inserted media only shows on one page, meaning I have to insert it in all four pages. This doesn't seem to efficient.

In a nutshell, is there a way where multiple items with their multiple choices can be presented on one single page.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Noe Vargas Betancourt

Re: Multiple statements in a single question.

ni Matthias Giger -
Larawan ng Particularly helpful Moodlers

The simplest way is to display more than one question on a page. You can choose how many questions are displayed in the setting for the quiz.

Another option would be to use the Wordselect question type (an additional plugin needs to be installed by the administrator). Students could then mark the correct choices (words) by clicking on them.

In reply to Noe Vargas Betancourt

Re: Multiple statements in a single question.

ni AL Rachels -
Larawan ng Core developers Larawan ng Particularly helpful Moodlers Larawan ng Plugin developers Larawan ng Testers

Hi Peter,

You can do what Matthias suggests, but you can also achieve most of what you want with a CLOZE type question with three MULTICHOICE_HS questions. The HS part defines the output to be shuffled horizontal radio button answers. I find that if I make sure students know the answers are shuffled, it helps cut down on cheating in a lab situation. If you use MULTICHOICE_H, no shuffle, then you can also add the A), B), C), as part of each answer. The reason I say you can get most of what you want, is with radio buttons you cannot control the spacing to make the alignment match up unless you are using Short Answer questions.

This is from a Moodle 3.5.2+ using the new Record audio tool in the Atto editor. The Record video tool will also let you add video as part of the question, if you want to.