Delete learning plan for user whose account is deleted

Delete learning plan for user whose account is deleted

by Tom Smith -
Number of replies: 5

Hi

I have some learning plans from students who have now left; their accounts have been deleted but they are still listed when looking at Learning Plan Templates and viewing the learning plans associated.

I cannot delete the learning plan in the usual way because I do this by clicking on the user [in /admin/tool/lp/template_plans.php] to get their profile and then deleting the learning plan. I get the error ('the user account has been deleted') which is correct but surely their name should no longer be seen in the list of learning plans?

Any help appreciated

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tom Smith

Re: Delete learning plan for user whose account is deleted

by Denise Pernigotti -

Hi Tom,

I have the same issue, did you manage to solve the problem?

Thankyou,

Denise

In reply to Tom Smith

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Depending on your record retention policies, not being able to delete a learning plan would be desirable. I suspend the student's account, unlink the student's learning plan from the student and then set the learning plan to Complete.

I then have full record keeping if there is any question to what competencies did this student achieve. When you delete the student, you no longer have records.

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Carlo Stefano Cavicchioli -
Hi All

I have a similar issue, because I have a lot of users cancelled.

Does there is a method to make a bulk action to deleting the learning plans associated to deleted users?

Or, does there is  a method to complete them in a massive way?
Thank you
Carlo
In reply to Carlo Stefano Cavicchioli

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
When student leave my process is to unlink the student from the learning plan (template) and then set the Student Learning Plan to complete. Select Student>View Profile>Learning plans> Select a Learning plan>select Unlink from learning plan template and then select Complete this learning plan.
This retains the student's learning plan history. I then un-enroll the student from all courses.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Sorry, my post from 8:43am was NOT helpful. There is no mass unlink option to remove the relationship between a student and a learning plan.
IMHO - this functionality really is needed.
Everything about Learning Plans and competencies is very manual and challenging when you have hundreds of students/learning plans templates/competencies.