Can the FAQ Glossary display the question only?

Can the FAQ Glossary display the question only?

by Narissa Tuawhiorangi -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers

Hi again.  I feel like I'm asking all the questions; I'm not trying to be a forum hog but here's another.

I have selected the FAQ display format for one of my glossarys but it is showing the answers to the questions on the glossary landing page where as I would expect them to display once you've clicked on the question.  I can't see anywhere to select 'display questions only' or similar.

I haven't found the answer to this on the forums but one post someone had demonstrated their FAQ glossary (as an answer to someone who wanted suggestions on what they should build an FAQs with).  

I would expect or love it to display like this:

Moodle FAQ example

This is from https://lernplattform.klubschule.ch/mod/glossary/view.php?id=4

Mine (unfortunately) looks like this..

My glossary example

...and that's just one question and part of the answer.

Please let me know where I am going wrong, this is is turning into another scroll of death things that I would dearly love to avoid.

(please note that while I did search the forums look for an answer the first page of the search results for "glossary FAQ question only" is blank)

Attachment blank_search_results.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Narissa Tuawhiorangi

Re: Can the FAQ Glossary display the question only?

by Narissa Tuawhiorangi -
Picture of Core developers

I've worked it out.  FAQ is not the setting you want if wanting an FAQ style page ;)

I found (by trial and error) that selecting Entry list from the Display format under Appearance in the Glossary settings gave me what I was looking for.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)