Why does Moodle Jcross status never say completed?

Why does Moodle Jcross status never say completed?

by Sam Mudle -
Number of replies: 2

So my students are taking the Jcross unlimited times.

Questions:

Why does the status never say COMPLETED?  It always says IN PROGRESS or ABANDONED even if they got 100%.  See the picture below:

Sometimes a student gets all the answers correct, and it says CONGRATS YOU GOT 49%.  Why does it say that? (Ah I know, it's because the penalty from the CHECK button)

There's no SUBMIT button when a student wants to submit the answers.  There's only a CHECK button at the bottom?  At what point does the score get recorded to the DB?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Mudle

Re: Why does Moodle Jcross status never say completed?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Why does the status never say COMPLETED? 

Not sure, but probably it's a setting.
Please could you recreate the HotPot activity on my test server:

FYI, the simple JCross on my test server does say "Completed" for a score of 100% (see attached screensnip)

There's no SUBMIT button when a student wants to submit the answers.
There's only a CHECK button at the bottom?
At what point does the score get recorded to the DB?

There is no need for a separate "Submit" button because the answers and score are submitted automatically in the background, using Javascript, every time the student clicks a button in the exercise. When this information arrives at the server, it is immediately stored in the Moodle DB. 

Attachment Hotpot.JCross.Complete.png
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Why does Moodle Jcross status never say completed?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Perhaps you are not talking about the HotPot module ?
You are asking about the TaskChain module, right?

In which case, what setting are you using for "Manual completion" in the "Attempt restrictions" section of the settings page for your TaskChain activity? (see attached screensnip)

Attachment Taskchain.Attempt-restrictions.png